June 19, 2017
It was another great week of practice. A huge thank you to the swimmers and parents that made our practice meet at Mainland such a success. It was great to see so many young swimmers trying their best, and the volunteer effort was much appreciated.
Upcoming Events of the Week…
- Morning practice starts this week. If your swimmer is finished school, he or she should attend the morning practice session listed below. Otherwise, continue to attend afternoon practice until school is out. All practices will be in the morning next week.
7:00 am-9:00 am: 13 and ups
9:00 am- 10:15 am: Swimmers who have had afternoon practice at 4:30 pm
9:00 am-10:30 am: Swimmers who have had afternoon practice at 4:45 pm
10:30 am-11:30 am: Swimmers who have had 4:00 pm practice AND swam in lanes 4, 5, or 6
11:15 am-12:00 pm: Swimmers who have had 4:00 pm practice AND swam in lanes 2 or 3
11:30 am-12:00 pm: Swimmers who have had 4:00 pm practice and swam in lane 1
**NOTE: 11s and 12s that swam at the 5:30 pm-7:00 pm practice may choose whether to attend morning practice at 7:00 am or 9:00 am. Please see Nancy with any questions.
- Turtles in Training will only be held during the morning sessions starting this week, as the pool is now open all day. Please check your email for your time and group.
- Please collect your team merchandise bags when you arrive for practice (suits, t-shirts, caps).
- Our next A-Meet is this Saturday, June 24th at Deerbrook, 300 Tavistock Drive, Medford, NJ 08055. Line-up will be reviewed before practices on Friday morning. Those swimming must arrive no later than 8:00 am. Gather in the parking lot with the team, waiting to enter as a team. For directions and information on the swim club, visit http://www.deerbrookonline.org
- If you have not been timed, either during Time Trials or at Mainland, you will need to be timed this Wednesday during your practice. You cannot be part of an A-Meet line-up without a time. Please see Nancy on Wednesday if you haven’t been officially timed.
- If you need caps or goggles, see Jenny Clark during practice or meets.
- Our first age group team event is this Friday, June 23rd at 5:00 pm in the picnic area for the 8 and unders. We will eat pizza and decorate ribbon boxes together. Please remember to sign-up and pay your $5 fee with Val McKendrick or Jen Clune by Wednesday evening so we have an accurate count of participants.
- Remember families have a three event volunteer commitment. Remember to sign-up for volunteer opportunities at meets with Jill Ward or Christy Sanders. Ronnie Snyder will also be recruiting volunteers for the Pancake Breakfast.
Upcoming Events In the Coming Weeks…
- Team pictures are on June 28th at 9:00 am. Forms will be distributed via family folders this week. Remember, swimmers need to come in the team suit or a black suit for the team picture.
- Our first team building Tuesday is next week. We will be making capes for our Blue-Green meet out of oversized t-shirts. To participate, you can purchase a t-shirt from Christine Calhoun on Friday or Monday morning for $6, or drop off one of your own to Christine Calhoun, Val McKendrick, or Jen Clune. Remember the following:
- Every t-shirt must be labeled with the swimmer’s name on the inside back collar.
- All t-shirts are due to volunteers by Monday at 10:00 am to allow for cutting into capes.
- Girls must bring BLUE t-shirts and boys must bring GREEN t-shirts (x-large or xx-large recommended for good cape movement)
- Blue-Green B-Meet will be held on Wednesday, June 28th at Green-Fields. It will be boys versus girls. Swimmers will need to arrive by 4:45 pm, with warm-ups at 5:00 pm. There will be a pizza party immediately following the swim meet.
- Pancake breakfast will be held on the morning of Thursday, July 20th. See Ronnie Snyder for volunteer opportunities.