Morning practices will begin June 19th
7:00 am-9:00 am: 13 and ups
9:00 am- 10:15 am: Swimmers who have had afternoon practice at 4:30 pm
9:00 am-10:30 am: Swimmers who have had afternoon practice at 4:45 pm
10:30 am-11:30 am: Swimmers who have had 4:00 pm practice AND swam in lanes 4, 5, or 6
11:15 am-12:00 pm: Swimmers who have had 4:00 pm practice AND swam in lanes 2 or 3
11:30 am-12:00 pm: Swimmers who have had 4:00 pm practice and swam in lane 1
**NOTE: 11s and 12s that swam at the 5:30 pm-7:00 pm practice may choose whether to attend morning practice at 7:00 am or 9:00 am. Please see Nancy with any questions.
Swimmers are asked to have goggles, fins, water bottle, and cap (if needed) for each practice. Items can be purchased at the Tidewater team store in Riverwinds pool or through the following sites:
Swim Outlet - www.swimoutlet.com
Metro Swim Shop - www.metroswimshop.com
Once the season is underway, goggles and caps will be available for purchase during practices and meets - styles are limited.
Swim Practice Guidelines
- The coaches expect all swimmers to treat the coaches and fellow teammates with respect and in a manner that they would like to be treated in return.
2. Please be on time for practice. When you show up early, you can stretch and get ready to start on time.
3. Use of proper practice etiquette and conduct is expected. This includes quiet behavior during set explanation, continuous completion of sets without untimely "stopping", etc.
4. No gum chewing during practice!
5. Label your belongings (cap, goggles, towel, fins, etc.)
6. Bring a water bottle to workouts
7 Please let the coach know when your children are going to miss future practices – preferably in writing.
8. Bring required equipment to practice: fins, goggles, cap, and water bottle.
9. No parents on deck during practice.
10. Be prepared for dryland and bad weather. Be prepared to come to practice with sneakers/work out attire. We will practice in the rain, as long as there is no thunder or lightening. For practice cancelation check the website and email.
11. All swimmers health history information is very important for safety. Please update as needed.
12. If a parent has any questions for the coaches, please approach them before or after practice. They cannot stop for a discussion during practice because of safety reasons.
13. Eat a good breakfast!